Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Manager, Operations, Executive, Government
Director, Operations and Support','258698','Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis','MN-Minneapolis','','Full-time','Regular','Exempt','Exempt','','','','Yes, 10 % of the Time','Day Job','','','Tier II - Credit Check','Tier II - Credit Check','','','','!*!The Treasury Services department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis serves as fiscal agent for the US Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service supporting the Retail Program. Our department provides and supports various services related to the issuing and redemption of US savings bonds and marketable securities. This mission critical function relies significantly on effective operational support to be successful, including the innovative use of data and business analytics, developing sound business strategies, managing department budget and finances, and ensuring adherence to requisite compliance policies, guidelines, and regulations.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, the Director, Operations and Support will lead the cross-functional staff responsible for supporting the department’s business operations. Key to this role is leading and managing the staff responsible for the proficient use of data analytics to identify and communicate critical information for effective decision making. This role also leads and manages staff responsible for additional business support functions, including strategic planning, compliance, budgeting and finance, records retention, and administrative support. This role will collaborate with a wide variety of key stakeholders across the Bank, Fiscal Service, and the Treasury Relations Support Office to ensure day-to-day objectives are met while longer-term projects and objectives are achieved.
· Leads the development of the business plan and participates in strategic planning discussions with the department leadership team, Treasury Relations Support Office, and the US Treasury.
· Works with department officers and management team to formulate, implement, and measure outcomes of strategic plans, budget and resource planning, projects, performance, and related matters.
· Directs the development of data management and business information strategies to support effective decision by department officers and leaders. These strategies will include:
o Optimizing data extraction, standardization, storage, and access.
o Optimizing data analytics, modeling, visualization, transformation, and enrichment.
· Leads and manages the department budget development and capital planning processes. Ensures actual expenses conform to approved budget levels. Recommends actions or expenditures to meet operational support requirements. Approves expenditures within delegated authority limits.
· Manages and monitors compliance and records management functions to ensure a strong internal controls environment. Works with internal and external auditors.
· Directs and coordinates operational support functions for multiple areas. Communicates and collaborates across functions to resolve complex issues.
· Responds to, or coordinates responses to complex problems, issues, and information requests from internal and external customers and government agencies. Consults with internal and external customers and government agencies regarding policies and procedures when relevant.
· Develops, motivates, and evaluates performance of staff, which includes managing staff to identify developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their career goals, delegating responsibilities, providing timely feedback and evaluating performance. Plays a key role in employment matters, including those involving hiring, retention and performance optimization, salary recommendations, and decisions related to the termination of employment.
· Drives effective processes to foster internal collaboration, enhance efficiency, and create a culture of continuous improvement.
· Leads and/or participates in department, Bank, and FRS work groups’ large scale and/or highly complex, multi-year operational and technical projects involving cross-functional teams in support of strategic initiatives.
· Manages relationships with internal and external partners, including FRS product offices, the US Treasury, other Reserve Banks, the Board of Governors, and vendors. Ensures effective internal partnerships with other key business lines such as Audit, Information Technology, and Human Resources.
· Promotes an environment where all employees feel they belong and can contribute to the Bank's work. Models and develops an organizational culture that encourages strong employee engagement, fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace, and reduces barriers to productive work.
· Assists department officers with significant additional assignments, as appropriate and needed, in response to changing demands.','!*!Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree is preferred.
· Minimum 10 years supporting operations in one or more of the following: business/data informatics, financial management, strategic planning, compliance, or administrative support, to include supervisory/management experience.
· Minimum 4 years of experience leading and managing staff responsible for business analytics, information management, visualization, and reporting, strongly preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building, organizational and planning, and analytical and problem solving skills. Advanced proficiency using standard business applications and software.
· Experience balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and finding good solutions that will work for all parties.
· Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of different backgrounds.
· Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for managing relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Ability to tailor communications to effectively reach various audiences.
· Strategic, critical thinking and judgment skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and collaborative skills.
· Strong project/time management and multitasking abilities.
· Ability to identify and manage risk.
The United States Treasury Department (Treasury) has imposed citizenship requirements for certain positions that support the Reserve Banks Treasury fiscal agency functions and/or spend time working on Treasury security sensitive matters. These positions have been risk rated by Treasury and incumbents must meet the corresponding citizenship requirements of the rating and provide acceptable documentation evidencing such. This position provides access to Treasury security sensitive matters, is risk rated HIGH, and as such requires the incumbent be a U.S. citizen.
Strategic mindset, manage ambiguity, build effective teams, delegation, decision quality/judgment, inform others, innovation management, motivate others, project management, staff development
Communicate effectively, respects diversity, action oriented, creativity and innovation, flexible/receptive to change, functional/technical skills, interpersonal skills/savvy, integrity and judgment, project management, teamwork/collaboration, time management','Director, Operations and Support
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Website : https://www.minneapolisfed.org/