Montgomery, AL, United States
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for the daily organization and preparation of documentation as it relates to shipping activities. This includes the distribution and filing of all shipping documentation, creation and verification of serial tags, processing of inventory transactions, releasing and processing of sales orders, coordination and scheduling of freight lines, preparation of freight bills and export documentation. The Shipping Coordinator is also responsible for analyzing and reviewing shipping related reports and communication with all levels of the organization both external and internal customers. In addition this individual is responsible for the initiation and maintenance of standard work and other departmental procedures in order to achieve STERIS’ overall Quality, Cost, and Delivery objectives. This is accomplished through the use of Lean Tools in order to identify problems, recommend solutions and drive implementation through the use of continuous improvement activities.
1. Identify, participate and implement continuous improvement activities to impact overall purchasing areas quality, cost, and delivery initiatives.
2. Maintains standard work documentation and other AMI procedures to ensure compliance.
3. Participate in the identification and implementation of root cause and corrective action ideas.
4. Prints, Sorts, distribute Sales Orders and other shipping documentation to appropriate personnel.
5. File shipping documentations as required daily.
6. Issuaning, typing, and logging of serial numbers and tags. This includes printing the daily log, making changes due to Customer returns or conversions, and verification of correct shipments of serialized capital equipment.
7. Completion of proper inventory transaction of all finished goods from AS400 to Oracle for sales order allocation. This procedure also includes the processing of orders for invoicing on both the AS400 and Oracle systems.
8. Preparation of freight bills, packing lists, NAFTA, Certificates of Origin, and all other documentation required in the shipment of both domestic and international orders.
Duties - cont'd
9. Management of Sales Order backlog report and the ability to effectively communicate with Customer Service Representatives regarding sales order related concerns on current and future shipments as well as management of expedite requests.
10. Responsible for creating, measuring, reporting, and disseminating shipping performance data to support SQCD measurements.
11. Performs similar and related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
12. The above statements reflect the general details of the job and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all duties inherent in the job.
High School Diploma or GED
Two years College Education preferred; Previous Shipping or clerical experience a plus
Forklift Experience preferred; Must be thoroughly familiar with materials, tools, and methods of the processes in manufacturing
Proficient computer skills to include Excel, Word, Office. Hands on experience in an MRP systems environment preferred
Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process
Adapts to changes; ability to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events
Prior Materials experienced preferred; Ability to read and comprehend instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision; Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks to ensure timely completion of job responsibilities
Requires effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with all employees at all levels of management; Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience preferred; Willingness to work overtime
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market:
Warehouse, Clerical, Database, Mid-Range, Oracle, Manufacturing, Administrative, Technology
Website : http://www.steris.com