South Plainfield, NJ, United States
Oct 19, 2021
With convenience at our core, The Home Depot Rental allows you to save time and get the job done faster. In addition to a wide assortment of pro-grade tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers, we offer knowledgeable, resourceful, and dependable associates who are ready to provide solutions that will help finish the job or project at hand.
The Home Depot Rental operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment, tools, trucks and trailer rental along with on-site equipment delivery. The large equipment fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial work platform equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. We have a large team of highly trained technicians, shop techs, and VIP Delivery Technicians and customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada.
We live our Core Values : Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
SCHEDULE: MONDAY - FRIDAY / 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
A Rental Logistics Coordinator (RLC) ensures that Rental assets are picked up and delivered on time at the right cost, and that the system accurately reflects the correct status of all loads. To achieve this, the associate must work with Delivery Service Technicians and Lead Rental Technicians to ensure all parties are executing as desired and that each party is accountable for failures. RLPs are responsible for dispatch and route planning.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• 30% - Repair Service for Rental Customer: Responsible for using dispatch software to ensure timely repair service for Rental customers and stores.
• 30% - On-Time Delivery: Responsible for using dispatch software to ensure timely pickup and delivery of Rental assets. Ensure all loads are picked up and delivered on time.
• 20% - Trouble Issues Related Pickups and Deliveries: Ensure all loads are picked up and delivered on time. Review the loads in trouble report each day to identify loads that are delayed from pickup or delivery, and troubleshoot them until resolved.
• 20% - Manage Capacity: Ensure all deliveries are tendered as scheduled for next day delivery and communicate any capacity concerns to leadership.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Rental Operations Supervisor.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 year
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Working knowledge of presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Ability to draw accurate conclusions from financial documentation
• Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
• Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
• Business Insights - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
• Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
• Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
• Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
• Situational Adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.