Caritas Holy Family Hospital
Methuen, MA, United States
Executive, Healthcare, Manager, Nursing, Clevel, Operations, Customer Service, 100k
A valid driver's license is required.
MA RN license is required.
Computer skills are required.
Recent Home Care Experience required
Supervisory experience is required.
Under the general direction of the President of Steward Home Care, in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and within the established agency policies and procedures, the Executive Director of Nursing, directs, coordinates and evaluates clinical operations of the Home Care nursing team. As an integral member of the ELT,, the Executive Director of Nursing works collaboratively to develop the overall Home Care strategy and is accountable for providing leadership and direction for the Home Care nursing team and for managing and administering all patient care services within designated nursing areas and functions. Plans, organizes, directs and provides for home health care services within departmental and agency philosophies, goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
• Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, patients and physicians
• Foster and promote a culture of customer service and satisfaction for patients, family members as well as staff
• Assumes responsibility for patient outcomes as related to quality care delivery
• Identifies program needs and implements programs to meet agency's goals
• Plans for the provision of all patient care services and designated support services by participating in the ongoing assessment of the needs of the agency's patient population, as well as other internal/external customers
• Establishes priorities for clinical and support services based on agency needs and objectives
• Assumes accountability of the Nursing program for the organization
• Provides administrative and clinical oversight of performance improvement activities of the Nursing team
• Develops, implements and maintains clinical and operational policies and procedures based on sound clinical judgment, industry standards, state and federal directives and requirements of regulatory agencies
• Directs and administers the delivery of home health care services
• Develops and implements necessary systems for monitoring, evaluating, reporting and ensuring operations
• Provides for control of staffing, recruitment, selection, orientation, evaluation and termination of all professional support staff in conjunction with agency personnel policies
• Responsible for the direct supervision of the Branch Directors, HCA Program Manager, Weekend Manager and other designate support staff
• Uses systematic methods to measure performance and productivity of individual staff members as well as teams and Branches
• Ensures achievement of clinical budgetary allocations
• Conducts staff meetings and department meetings on a regular basis
• Informs clinical leadership of any outstanding claims or documentation trends or relevant issues
• Monitors Additional Documentation Requests (ADR) from Medicare and identifies any trends. Reviews documentation before submission for completeness and appropriateness. Communicates with clinical leadership any deficiencies for future prevention
• Works with Quality department to identify clinical problem areas based on internal and external audits, documents areas of deficiency in a proactive manner. Communicates these results to clinical staff and clinical leadership for prompt resolution
• Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety and drive satisfactory outcomes
• Works with the Quality department to develop and implement processes to investigate Potentially Avoidable Events and prepare reports for Executive Leadership Team and Professional Advisory Committee
• Identifies trends and provides recommendations to the clinical team
• Ensures clinical compliance with all federal, state and Joint Commission rules and regulations at all times
• Provides the President with practice and budgetary assessments related to clinical operations. Ensures that current job descriptions/competencies exist for each member of the staff; ensure that performance evaluation and competencies are completed per company policies
• Continually monitor Nursing departments' activities and take appropriate action to ensure efficient and effective operation; observe ongoing operations and analyze performance to identify potential problems and solutions
• Uses systematic methods to measure performance and productivity of individual staff members as well as teams and establishes and participates in agency training programs and continuing education, including programs addressing age specific competencies
• Perform other duties as may be required or assigned
• 5 to 7 years management experience is required
• Must possess current RN, licensure from the State of Massachusetts.
• Master's degree in nursing, business, or health care related field preferred.
• Must have 10 years' experience in health care with five or more years in certified home health operations.
• Must have demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong working knowledge of principles of care for all licensed professional services delivered by the agency
• Demonstrated knowledge of community services systems and patient populations served
• Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving ability, organizational skills and teamwork
• Demonstrated competence in the areas of regulatory compliance, fiscal responsibility, program planning, implementation and evaluation, standards of care and practice, and service delivery
Current Steward Health Care System Employees - Click Here to Apply
All Other Applicants - Click Here to Apply
External Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as a EXTERNAL
Internal Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as a INTERNAL
back to top
Copyright © 2016 Steward Health Care
Caritas Holy Family Hospital
Website : http://www.holyfamilyhosp.org/