Texas Education Agency
Texas City, TX, United States
Jun 22, 2022
Oct 05, 2022
IT Operations Analyst (System Analyst III)','00024425','TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY','Texas-Austin','1701 NORTH CONGRESS AVENUE','','Austin','78701','Computer and Mathematical','Regular','Full-time','40.00','40.00','Yes, 10 % of the Time','0254','0254','','B','B','20','20','','3,763.16','5,552.54','Monthly','1','Exempt','Exempt','Jun 22, 2022','Ongoing','!*!MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
The IT Operations Analyst is a part of the Technology Services Division in the Office of Technology at the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The analyst serves as a member of the PC Support team and is one of the first points of contact between end users and the IT organization. The work involves managing access and authorization to agency information resources, providing customer support for agency information technology systems, software, printers, and audio-visual equipment. Work also involves planning and analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems. This position works under minimal direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement. This position reports to the PC Support Manager under the Director of Information Technology Operations.
The Office of Information Technology (IT) works closely with all agency divisions to implement innovative technology solutions in a cost-efficient manner that supports the goals and priorities of the Texas Education Agency. The Office of IT provides efficient technology solutions and stellar customer services to internal staff, 20 Educational Service Centers, and 1,200-plus public-school districts and charter schools. The following services are provided by IT: leadership on IT initiatives; guidance on security/policy issues; new application development/enhancements; software acquisition; technical support; assistance with technical sections of purchasing documents such as Request for Information (RFI), Request for Offers (RFO), Request for Proposals (RFP); and oversight on the data collection process which helps to support and improve outcomes for all of Texas’ 5 million-plus students.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Additionally, applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
• Identity and Access Management: performs hands-on identity and access management tasks within multiple identity systems including Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Oracle PeopleSoft, and others as assigned
• Customer Support and Help Desk: provides support for PC hardware/software to agency staff and ensures that all systems have a 99% uptime; this includes the Help Desk Ticketing System by ensuring that all help desk requests and incidents are resolved and closed in a timely manner based upon priority. Ensures that all changes are approved by Internal Change Control Board and or ITS management
• Manage PC Changes: ensures that all PC changes and updates are on time and issues are escalated and or communicated
• Resolve System Issues: provides technical analysis and resolution of system problems. Identifies, researches, and recommends options to management; ensures that all security policies are followed
• Inventory and PC Refresh: works to replace all leased computers with TEA owned laptops and desktops and manages all IT equipment inventories and service equipment as needed
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least one  years of experience in handling highly technical and complex troubleshooting; minimum of two (2) years of experience with administration and support of Active Directory required; intermediate to expert level experience with Windows PowerShell preferred
Substitutions: Each additional year of related experience above the required minimum may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis
• Extensive knowledge of Desktop, Laptop, and peripheral support
• Experience supporting a multi-site Active Directory environment
• Experience Implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Group Policies Objects
• Experience writing PowerShell scripts to accomplish bulk operations and automate processes
• Experienced in user provisioning using Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, and Azure AD
• Strong customer service mindset
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to organize work and track change in a highly complex and dynamic environment
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments. (Microsoft Office and M365 products)
• Ability to work on concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at many managements and technical levels, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment; able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated integrity and ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
• Willingness and ability to work occasional overtime and/or a flexible schedule as needed to meet required deadlines
• Willingness and ability to comply with all agency policy and applicable laws
• Willingness and ability to comply with all applicable health and safety rules, regulations, and standards
• Willingness to come onsite multiple days when required
• A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteran status, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran’s preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed here. Click on the military “occupational category” that corresponds with the state classification in this job posting title to review the codes, ratings, and description for the matching position provided by the State Auditor's Office.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offered employment by the Agency.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we do not accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
','IT Operations Analyst (System Analyst III)
Texas Education Agency
Website : https://tea.texas.gov/