DSI Security Services
Venice, FL, United States
DSI believes that success is bred in the recruiting, selection, supervision, and training of each and every employee. Believing in the need for ongoing and perpetual training helps to set DSI apart from its competitors. Many companies give testimonials about their commitment to customer service and employee satisfaction but few deliver on that promise. That is where the DSI motto, “DWYSYWD”, comes into the picture. Simply stated, DSI strives to “DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO”.
The staff at DSI believes that if we understand the culture and mindset of our customers then we can more easily create a unique service solution to reflect it. DSI strives to create a work experience for our employees reflecting the work culture, principles, and values of our clients as well as of DSI, and based upon this, we screen employees for skills, philosophies, and attributes that reflect both. In doing so, we believe DSI delivers employees and service mutually beneficial to everyone.
Job Skills / Requirements
To be considered for employment applicants must have a State of Florida Security License (Class D Security License).
DSI Security is currently hiring Healthcare Security Officers in the Venice, FL area. Applicants must have a Class D Security License. DSI will provide paid vacations, free uniforms, paid training.
All interested Security Officer candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Class D Security License
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Must have High School Diploma or GED
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have reliable means of transportation and telephone
• Must be able to pass Criminal and Drug Screenings
• Must have good communications skills, and be computer literate.
• Must be able to perform routine foot patrol and do moderate lifting.
Healthcare Security Job Responsibilities:
Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. Controls access as directed by post instructions.
Healthcare Security Job Duties (As directed by post instructions):
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points
• Interacting, pursuant to the contract, with a variety of persons including clients, visitors, public safety officials, employees and the general public
• Responding to alarm signals.
• Being alert to observe, correct and report fire & safety hazards
• Regulating and directing traffic, as necessary
• Providing effective access and exit controls to ensure compliance with the client’s instituted badge or pass control system, if applicable
• Maintains visibility to ensure/deter unacceptable activities.
• Ensuring patient watch policies and procedures are properly enforced
• Presents oneself in a professional manner through appearance and conduct
• Making routine and special reports to supervisors
• Promoting safety to prevent accidents
• Providing building and premises security to the clients’ properties
• Enforcing client and company policies and procedures
• Furthering employee relations, goodwill and public relations
• May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
• May be exposed to bio-hazardous, radioactive substances.
• Contact with patient under a wide variety of circumstances.
• Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness).
• Handles emergency or crisis situations.
• Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
• Subject to many interruptions.
• Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
• Exposed to dangers of assaults/hazards from investigating alarms.
Healthcare Security Physical Demands:
• Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.).
• Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking.
• Occasionally lifts equipment/supplies.
• Occasionally lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients.
• Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
(The statements contained herein are intended to describe the expectations of employees assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list.)
License # BB9800008
Additional Information / Benefits
401k Plan - With DSI match
Superior Service Awards and Recognition
Officer of the Month and Year Awards
DSI Security is a Drug Free employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
DSI Security Services