San Francisco, CA, United States
Accounting, Purchasing, Operations
Apr 07, 2021
Jul 21, 2021
Dignity Health, one of the nation\u2019s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The Invoice/AP Resolution Specialist acts as an PSC liaison to Accounts Payable for invoicing issues within the Dignity Health System, encompassing process tasks related to problem solving, vendor relations and PSC/AP relations. Problem solving, vendor relations and PSC/AP relation tasks include, but are not limited to: Handling parked invoice notification resolution, tracking and reporting, vendor statement review, root cause analysis, and identification/implementation of related corrective actions and serving as a PSC liaison to Accounts Payable. The Invoice/AP Resolution Specialist function entails monitoring GHX and Lawson for ordering issues related to invoicing, unit-of-measure, and system set up. Other related responsibilities include resolution of pricing and shipping discrepancy, expediting of orders, identifying substitutions and alternate sourcing for backordered products and customer service.
Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
· PO Invoice match reconciliation
· Work with existing contracted vendors to confirm correct contract pricing is invoiced
· Review on weekly basis buyers MA64 (invoice issue) file. Resolving pricing issues to payment, or credit and rebill.
· Work with Vendor Liaison for pricing accuracy
· Works with AP to resolve any credit hold issues.
· Charges, approving or denying payment.
· Continually seeks to understand and support customer needs, concerns, and priorities. Meets or exceed customer expectations and requirements.
· Returns all calls within one business day.
· Follows department guidelines and notifies the facility Materials Manager of any variances to the guidelines that may be critical in handling/expediting and processing purchasing orders.
· Exercises tact, discretion and diplomacy in establishing and maintaining harmonious relations with end user departments.
· Keeps informed of current departmental practices or changes by regularly attending staff meetings.
· Participates in continuing education related to profession.
· Ensures unscheduled absences do not exceed department guidelines.
· Observes the department dress and grooming standards and consistently wears name badge.
· Provides proper notification of absence or tardiness within established guidelines.
· Maximizes the use of all facility resources, including supplies, own time and time of others.
· Performs duties in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision.
· Seeks guidance from department managers when appropriate.
· Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned and regularly assists others.
· Seeks methods to improve current practices by identifying problems and proposing viable solutions to supervisor.
· Additional duties as needed.
Reporting Relationship: This position has no direct reports.
Minimum Required: Three (3) years\u2019 experience in Materials Management or Accounts Payable within a multi facility healthcare organization. Two (2) years\u2019 experience in invoice resolution working with requisitioners, vendors and Accounts Payable. Demonstrated ability to manage complex problems using analytical, project and process management.
Preferred/Desired: Five (5) years purchasing/supply chain experience in analysis. Experience leading projects to positive resolution. Vendor management. Understanding of both acute care and non-acute care operations. Knowledge of medical supplies and equipment.
Minimum Required: High School diploma with 5 years purchasing, materials management or accounts payable experience.
Preferred/Desired: Bachelor\u2019s degree in Business or related field.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Sound customer service techniques and practices, ability to communicate in a professional and articulate manner with internal and external partners at all levels both verbal and written, remain calm and courteous while handling problems, knowledge of Materials Management operations or Accounts Payable, Lawson system experience, follow established procedures, proficiency in Word and Excel. Detail oriented in identifying equipment specifications, evaluating and procuring capital equipment.
Website : http://www.dignityhealth.org/