Pinnacle Family of Companies
Houston, TX, United States
Operations, Clevel, Executive, Training, Manager, 100k
Vice President - Operations
Regional Office - Houston, TX
Pinnacle is a national real estate provider that manages and invests in multifamily residential communities. As one of the nation’s largest third-party managers of multifamily housing, Pinnacle serves 35 states and 25 major metropolitan areas. Headquartered in Dallas,
Pinnacle has city offices in 10 states across the nation.
Pinnacle provides its team members with an exceptional company culture. Every team member plays a vital role at Pinnacle, so we provide them with the training, support and tools needed for success. Pinnacle offers exceptional career paths, and joining our team can lead to an exciting and fast-paced career. We are looking for true team-players who want to learn and advance in the industry.
We offer a total compensation and benefits package to help with your needs today and build for your future tomorrow. Pinnacle values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. We offer a safe, healthy work environment for employees through a commitment to maintaining a drug-free workplace. At Pinnacle, success is about more than having a healthy bottom line, and we are committed to making Pinnacle an amazing and unique place to work for each member of our team.
Position Title: Vice President - Operations Direct Reports: Regional Vice President
Department Name: Client Services FLSA Status: Exempt
Inter-department Job Title: EEO Class: First/Mid-Level Officials and Managers
Reports To: Regional Vice President, Client Services
The Vice President – Operations is the leader in charge of a specified sub-region of the operating region. The Vice President – Operations shall assist and direct the property Investment Managers in successfully attaining the company’s operational and financial goals while reinforcing the company’s customer service culture.
Position Reports To: Regional Vice President. Assist and direct the property Investment Managers, Office Managers and to the extent needed, the Brokers. Cooperate with and be a peer to the other Vice Presidents.
• Assumes overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the branch offices within their sub-region.
• Participates in the development of the Regional Business Plan and constantly seeks to develop strategies for enhancing the economic performance of the region and company.
• Is primarily responsible for identification and acquisition of new management accounts via intense efforts to grow the revenue base of the office.
• Communicates with the Investment Managers constantly in discussing marketing, occupancy, budget conformance, personnel, capital improvements and any other material topics.
• Communicates regularly with clients to ensure customer satisfaction with company’s services.
• Complies with all policies and procedures established by Pinnacle Family of Companies for the administration of the properties and the company.
• Maintains and staffs an office which is open at least during normal business hours.
• Retains and trains qualified personnel at the corporate level. Supervises and evaluates the work of all personnel.
• Complies with the Federal Wage and Hour Act, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Workers’ Compensation Act, and all applicable state and local statutes and regulations.
• Maintains and posts all licenses, permits, notices, and occupancy permits required by federal, state, and local governmental authorities.
• Establishes a methodical filing system for business correspondence, property information and personnel administration.
• Submits written reports on the operations of the property to the Regional President on a basis in a format established by Pinnacle Family of Companies.
• Attends and participates in industry association meetings and seminars to keep up-to-date on trends and changing conditions in the marketplace.
• Cooperates in the completion of any other tasks which may be requested by the Regional Vice President.
• Participates in the marketing of the company on a local and regional level as needed to promote business growth.
• Participates in the identification and pursuit of suitable acquisition opportunities.
Participates in the identification and pursuit of possible brokerage opportunities.
• Maintains a detailed knowledge of the primary market.
• Constantly seeks to identify strategies for increasing company income and reducing company expenses.
• Administers the approved annual budget of income and expenses in accordance with all Pinnacle Family of Companies requirements. Monitors the status of the operating budget and determines necessary reductions or increases in allocations. Pays particular attention to expense ratios as determined by the company.
• Obtains written approval from the Regional Vice President for all proposed expenditures established in the annual plan.
• Prepares monthly income and expense variance statements with collateral supporting documentation. Submits the required reports to the Regional Vice President on an accurate and timely basis and in a format which meets the company’s specific requirements.
• Reviews all delinquent accounts and pursues any action required.
• Annually reviews all contractual services and re-bids appropriate services to assure the lowest possible cost.
• Assumes overall responsibility for overseeing the day to day management of all clients’ managed assets under the supervision of the sub-region.
• Implements action plans and strategies for maximizing property performance.
The Vice President - Operations manages Investment Managers who manage investment property staffs, Office Managers who oversee clerical support staff and the receptionist. The Vice President - Operations carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience.
• An undergraduate degree with a major in a related field preferred.
• A minimum of five years in portfolio operations consisting of 5,000 units or more preferred and experience in positions with progressively increased responsibility from property manager through multi-property management.
• Sound understanding of real estate operations as it relates to management of individual assets, brokerage, office operations, personnel management, corporate budgeting and planning.
Ability to move independent groups to accomplish business goals and exhibit strong interpersonal skills to successfully empower and lead subordinates. Performance oriented and highly motivated to produce results, having demonstrated this trait in prior experience. High degree of creativity, coupled with sound business judgment. Diplomacy personified. An aggressive self starter, with the ability to operate autonomously yet diplomatic to effectuate positive relations with subordinates and peers.
• The following designations are preferred: CPM, CSM, and RPA.
• Real Estate license
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Verbal and auditory ability required in order to communicate in person and by telephone. Work is of a sedentary nature. Physical activities include computer keyboard operation and frequent verbalization of ideas. Work requires high attention and mental demands including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Requires the ability to handle interruptions in a rapidly changing environment in an appropriate manner. Must be able to travel independently.
Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents; respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints; write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style and make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Work is conducted in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust or temperature changes and occasional exposure to the outdoors including seasonal weather. Travel may be necessary throughout the continental United States.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation dependent upon the qualifications of the individual in the position. Health insurance benefits for the employee and family (medical, dental and vision)
Modest life insurance coverage and long term disability insurance. 401(k) plan with modest match
Pinnacle Family of Companies
Website : https://pinnacleliving.com/
The Pinnacle Family of Companies owns, develops, manages and invests in multifamily, office and hotel properties nationwide. Pinnacle is one of the largest multifamily management companies in the United States.