Redmond, WA, United States
Manager, It, Operations, Executive
Director, Studios IT Operations
Do you love Games? Are you passionate about the future of the industry? Are you a seasoned service engineering manager who wants to help shape how Xbox Studios addresses an ever-changing operational landscape? If so, we are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Principal Service Engineering Manager to help both shape operations and drive strategic operations initiatives for Xbox Studios.
We are seeking an experienced head of IT Operations for game development studios with strong service delivery and technical skills who thrives on challenge. Desirable candidates will have strong technical, collaboration, and leadership skills as well as experience leading large-scale operations projects. This person will work across organizational boundaries in support of the broader Xbox Studios organization, as well lead a mixed team of vendor and FTE professionals in support of Microsoft Game Studios.
As the focal point for operations for Xbox Studios you will be responsible for interpreting, negotiating, and implementing operations policy/standards/solutions across all our studios as well as the broader MS Operations community to improve our overall operations posture. You will engage with Xbox platform, Azure, and CSEO partners to both learn and drive deep awareness on issues impacting Xbox Studios business. An ideal candidate would bring experience, perspective, and expertise from other game studios or complementary industries.
• Act as the primary IT/Operations focal point for Xbox First Party Studios teams.
• Grow, scale, and lead an IT Operations organization with exceptional technical problem-solving skills.
• Responsible for the global implementation of Xbox First Party Studios IT Operations services.
• Design/Develop new IT Operations programs, with a focus on becoming industry ‘best in class’.
• Drive cross functional teams implementing technology which involve multiple components, interfaces, and groups.
• Leverage a broad and current understanding of IT/Operations strategies and tooling to help Studios teams best ship their titles.
• Ability to learn new skills and operate in a fast paced and diverse environment.
• Design/Operate enterprise level business critical infrastructure, with an emphasis on translating business strategy into world class infrastructure services.
• Excellent cross group and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate business need for IT/Operations. Able to easily build relationships, and influence across the enterprise, and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Able to thrive in an environment that requires a high degree of autonomy, integrity and accountability.
• Results driven with excellent analytical, organizational and process engineering skills.
• Collaborate with key IT/Operations partners both within Xbox First Party Studios and the larger Xbox organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
• 10 years managing technical teams.
• 10 years’ experience working within an enterprise level IT/Operations Organization.
• 7 years’ experience leading an IT/Operations team.
• 5 years’ experience working in an IT/Operations role for a AAA game development studio.
Some of the Needed Key Skills Required
A firm understanding of administering Helix, BCDR, protections, access controls, AD/LDAP integration and monitoring.
Day to Day operations (server installation, log rotation, maintenance, etc.)
P4Broker, P4Proxy, and replication for scaling to global deployments
Advanced administration of large numbers of users, branches, and locations
Performing installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Routers, L2 and L3 Switches, Firewalls, WAN Accelerators, Load balancers, etc.
Management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, etc. - in a high-availability or e-commerce infrastructure.
Layer 2 network protocols switching, including but not limited to: 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc.
Layer 3 network routing, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
Layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE, etc.)
Access technologies such as LDAP, AD, RADIUS, TACACS
Management and administration of the F5 BIG-IP product
Azure VNETS, site-to-site and point-to-site networking
Identity and Access Management
Administrating Active Directory, with strong focus on Domain Controller maintenance, configuration, and security
Implementation of least privilege security principles (role-based access controls / just-in-time administration / identity isolation / etc)
DNS, DHCP administration
Administrating and configuring WSUS or other windows patching solutions
Vulnerability scanning, detection, and remediation solutions (qualys / nessus / etc)
ABOUT THE Xbox Studios Services
XSS is an Xbox 1 st party development central service located in Redmond WA. We support all Xbox Studios IP and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Xbox’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of industry veterans from across Platform and Content, working cohesively to delight the Xbox fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Website : http://www.microsoft.com
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software, services, and hardware devices. Its Windows division offers Windows operating system; Windows Services suite of applications and Web services, including Outlook.com and SkyDrive; Surface RT and Pro devices; and PC accessories. The companys Server and Tools division provides server software, cloud-based services, and solutions; and training and certification to developers and information technology professionals, as well as builds standalone and software development lifecycle tools for software architects, developers, testers, and project managers. Its products include Windows Server operating systems, Windows Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Intune, Windows Embedded, Visual Studio, System Center products, Microsoft consulting services, and Premier product support services. The companys Online Services division offers online information and content, including Bing, Bing Ads, and MSN. Its Microsoft Business division provides software and online services, such as Microsoft Office system consisting of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, Yammer, and Microsoft Office project and office Visio; and Microsoft Dynamics business solutions, including Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Dynamics CRM, as well as Microsoft Office Web Apps and Microsoft Office 365, which are online service offerings. The companys Entertainment and Devices division offers products and services designed to entertain and connect people. Its products include Xbox entertainment platform, including Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console, Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 video games, and Xbox 360 accessories; Xbox LIVE; Skype; and Windows Phone. The company markets and distributes its products through original equipment manufacturers, distributors, and resellers, as well as online. It has a strategic partnership with DocuSign, Inc. and Ooyala. Microsoft Corporation was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.